On Giving Tuesday 2022, Match Group held Global Giving Day, when Match Group employees around the world volunteered for dozens of projects that improve our communities. On November 29, employees dedicated roughly 800 cumulative hours supporting diverse causes.
Team members in the United States, Canada, Korea, India, France, Ireland, England, Belgium, Spain, and many who work remotely participated in projects with charitable organizations that support environmental recovery efforts, domestic violence survivors, DEI efforts, LGBTQ+ equality, and more.
A few highlights included:
- Teams in Delhi, Dallas, New York, and Los Angeles planted hundreds of trees and flowers to support reforestation efforts.
- The Vancouver team packed and delivered 50 care packages to Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre, which provides a safe space for women and children in need. The packages included blankets, towels, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, makeup and chocolates.
- New York employees packed winter kits for people transitioning out of homelessness with Urban Pathways and served meals to LGBTQ+ elders with SAGE.
- The London office advocated to end hate crimes by growing the platforms of Stop Hate UK and provided essentials for those in need with Kensington & Chelsea Foodbank and The Hygiene Bank.
- Employees in Korea spent the day volunteering at Maseok Shelter, a fully volunteer-operated animal shelter.
- Employees in Dublin volunteered with the Irish Heart Foundation, learning CPR and invaluable life skills to help prepare them for life-or-death emergencies.
- The team in Belgium volunteered for Cavaria, a Flemish group advocating for the rights and wellbeing of the LGBTQ+ community, a busy animal shelter, and a group picking up trash in the community.
- Several offices in the U.S. volunteered for Operation Gratitude, writing thank you letters to military and first responders.
- Hundreds of employees also joined informational calls to learn how to get involved with World Central Kitchen and Best Buddies International.
The Paris team led the company with over a dozen impactful volunteer opportunities spanning a wide range of causes and launched a “Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award” to further promote DEI efforts.
These represent just a small fraction of the causes that Match Group supported on Global Giving Day. In addition to the time spent volunteering, Match Group donated $10 for each hour volunteered. The company also matched all employee donations 2-for-1 on November 29, and donations to many of the organizations involved in Global Giving Day will be matched 2-for-1 for the remainder of the year.
“Our mission to create meaningful connections extends far beyond the interpersonal relationships formed on our platforms,” said Joanna Rice, Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility & ESG. “We have staff all over the world and it is important to us that we invest in the communities where we live and work.”
To read more about Match Group’s impact, go to https://mtch.com/impact.